Building SQLite 3 for Electron in Windows
In this tutorial, we'll see how to use SQLite 3 with Electron. We'll specifically look at how to setup SQLIte 3 to work with Electron in a Windows development environment.
Installing Electron is straightforward and easy but unfortunately that's not the case for SQLite 3 as it requires compiling to target the Electron ABI for Windows.
In nutshell. The steps required for setting up SQLIte 3 with Electron are:
- Step 1: Installing Node.js and NPM for Windows
- Step 2: Installing Electon, electron-prebuilt and electron-rebuild
- Step 3: Installing SQLite 3
- Step 4: Installing node-gyp
- Step 5: Installing python 2.7 and visual c++ dependencies
- Rebuild sqlite3 using
electron-rebuild -f -w sqlite3